Applications for the Grassimesse 2017 are possible until 3rd May 2017.
GRASSIMESSE - Jury 2017
- Dr. Angelika Nollert, Direktorin Neue Sammlung München
- Frau Schnuppe von Gwinner, Kunsthistorikerin
- Daniel Kruger, Professor für Schmuck, Burg Giebichenstein Kunsthochschule Halle
- Jacob Strobel, Professor für Holzgestaltung, Angewandte Kunst Schneeberg, westsächsische Hochschule Zwickau
- Hans-Peter Jakobson, ehemals Direktor Museum für Angewandte Kunst, Gera
- Frau Benigna Klemm / Kuratoriumsmitglied der Carl und Anneliese Goerdeler-Stiftung
- Dr. Olaf Thormann / Direktor, GRASSI Museum für Angewandte Kunst Leipzig
- Sabine Epple / Kuratorin für Moderne, GRASSI Museum für Angewandte Kunst Leipzig
- Anett Lamprecht / Leitung Presse/Öffentlichkeitsarbeit, GRASSI Museum für Angewandte Kunst Leipzig
The GRASSIMESSE is an international forum and a fair for applied art and product design from all fields. It stands in the tradition of the historical GRASSIMESSE, founded in 1920 and famous as “Meeting Place of Modernity.” Since the reestablishment in 1997, the fair has been held once each year on the last weekend of October.
The GRASSIMESSE forum and sales exhibition in equal measure, reflects the world of ideas and the variety of contemporary creative design, promotes developments and sharpens the awareness for design quality. Unique products, limited editions and sample industrial products of jewellery, ceramics, glass, textile, clothing, furniture, metal, leather, toys etc. display a fascinating variety of creative design which allures to see and buy as well. This selection and international orientation enables to gain a comprehensive overview of recent innovations and trends, as well as timeless modern design.
Subject and concern of the GRASSIMESSE is the selection and promotion of quality. Therefore a jury of experts decides on the selection of the exhibitors and will award the four prizes on the occasion of the GRASSIMESSE. The GRASSIMESSE is organized by the GRASSI Museum of Applied Arts and takes place in the reconstructed Grassimuseum, an important building of the Art Decó period. The exhibition rooms with 1,200 sqm provide space for almost 100 exhibitors.
A catalogue of the GRASSIMESSE will be released, it will be feature one example of every exhibitor.